Friday, February 4, 2011

The Cap is Back

I am a dedicated movie follower. No, I don't watch what the Sundance says is the best film of the year and while I enjoy an occasionally thought provoking or moving movie, that isn't why I watch them. I watch movies to be entertained and to see the fantastic made real before my eyes. Now I could quickly jump into a rant of CGI effects very Practical effects, but I'll save that for an occasion when I feel fired up over the topic (summary, I miss practical effects and think they should be used as much as possible unless impossible which is where CGI comes in). So with an eye towards entertainment I am really looking forward to this:
 Yes, Captain America. I have always had a soft spot for the Captain. I don't read comics a whole lot, but I do occasionally dip my toe in the vast ocean that is comic mythology. Few characters resonate or truly grab my interest, but the Cap is one of them. Perhaps the values he stood was built on seem antiquated today, but that he is still a reminder of them makes me smile. So after being blown away by Iron Man a few years ago I have waited with baited breath for this picture and it is finally almost here. I enjoy most of the Marvel movies, but this one is what I have been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment